Stop! Before You Call for Repairs
In the event of a problem with your telephone service, please take the following steps before calling for telephone repair:
- Step 1: Test the non-working telephone, telecommunications equipment and your station wiring by plugging a known working telephone into either the wall jack to check that specific location or the Network Interface Device (located on the outside of your home where the telephone line from the telephone pole connects to your home) to check your entire network.
- Step 2: If you can hear a dial tone either at the wall jack or NID, the trouble could be in suspected non-working telephone. If you can hear dial tone only at the NID, then the problem could be in the network inside the home.
- Step 3: After Steps 1 & 2, you as the consumer have a choice of repairing the problem yourself, calling a reliable contractor, or having TerraCom and TRSOK repair the problem.
Repairs by TRSOK service personnel or contractors you engage to the portion of the telephone network inside your home or your telephone equipment will be subject to a normal service fee for time and material. TRSOK will respond to repair service requests after hours with primary concern for employee safety and welfare under the following conditions:
- In the event of a medical emergency/situation, or death in the family, a repair technician will be dispatched. It is up to the customer to test their equipment and/or network before requesting emergency telephone company response.
- In the event of more than 15 customers affected by an outage in a certain geographical area the company will dispatch a technician.
- Dispatching of repair personnel for other situations or outages will be at the discretion of the supervisor on call.
If you have tested your equipment and found repair is necessary, please call our repair center at: 1-888-716-8880