Oklahoma Tribal Lands

Tribal Land Location

In Oklahoma, Federally recognized Tribal Lands as defined by the FCC, which has defined that area based on the Bureau of Indian Affairs map, includes all of Oklahoma except the counties of Cimarron, Texas, Beaver, Harmon, Jackson, and Greer as well as the area of Beckham County South of the North Fork of the Red River known as "The Leased District."


Qualifying Programs

Applicants who reside on Federally Recognized Tribal Lands in Oklahoma and who also participate in a qualifying program listed below are eligible for the additional enhanced Lifeline discount of $25 applied to their phone service.

  • Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
  • Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations
  • Vocational Rehabilitation (including aid to the hearing impaired)
  • Tribal Administered Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
  • Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
  • Oklahoma Sales Tax Relief
  • National School Lunch Program's Free Lunch Program
  • Medicaid/Sooner Care
  • Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
  • Head Start (must meet income qualifying standard)
  • Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
  • Federal Public Housing Assistance
  • Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance